Koso 34mm Carb?

A reference for the PWK carbs...
sanstoetter

Re: Koso 34mm Carb?

Post by sanstoetter »

Well now I have a conundrum. The guy from ebay contacted me this afternoon that he found the cap/spring/slide/needle/cable/throttle tube. He's offering it up for $40 shipped. I'll probably take him up on that, and resell one of the setups.
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Koso 34mm Carb?

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

I think in the long run you'll be happy with the Air Strike.
sanstoetter

Koso 34mm Carb?

Post by sanstoetter »

Are you running the KDX PWK35 needle, or the needle that was in the PWK36A/S? Since I have both setups available, I plan to try the PWK36A/S this weekend hopefully. Just picked up a DRZ400S (Converted to SM) to flip, and I need to diagnose/fix it before I take the KDX out.

On another note, I finally got to go out for a decent shakedown last weekend. I found a couple issues, leaking kips cover/advanced timing, and after that I could pull the front in 3rd.

Being that it's my first KDX it was pretty interesting. First thing that jumps out is that I need to focus on the suspension, and second was that it almost felt like a 4S powerband. I expected the powerband to be shifted down, but I was surprised at how dead it felt up top. I'm wondering if the pipe is the woods pipe rather than the desert... anyway to determine? Hopefully the 36mm will shift power up a couple RPM's.