putting a 220 carb on a 200

A reference for the PWK carbs...
twowheelfanatic

putting a 220 carb on a 200

Post by twowheelfanatic »

has anyone tried putting a 220 carb on a 200?would it bring up the bottom end grunt of the 200?anyone have any thoughts or tried this?
TheJackRabbit
Supporting Member

Re: putting a 220 carb on a 200

Post by TheJackRabbit »

It would mostly kill the top end and rev of the bike, the bottom end power difference would be very slight but likely not noticeable
http://www.youtube.com/allthatstuff35 <--- some KDX videos here
I'm smarter than I act
twowheelfanatic

thanks for your input.whats the best way to get more lowend outta the 200?i have a 2000 200 has fmf gnarley pipe with fmf powercoree 2 silencer.it is stock otherwise.for where i do the majority of riding it has plenty mid and topend,just needs a little more grunt.
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Out of curiosity: what would a 250 carb do? The same?
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

twowheelfanatic wrote:thanks for your input.whats the best way to get more lowend outta the 200?i have a 2000 200 has fmf gnarley pipe with fmf powercoree 2 silencer.it is stock otherwise.for where i do the majority of riding it has plenty mid and topend,just needs a little more grunt.
Do you know if the pipe is a dessert or woods? That does make a difference.
You can also change the gearing to get more low end performance.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
twowheelfanatic

im not sure which pipe it has?how can you tell the difference? im planning on gearing it down to try to help.i read another post that advancing the timing will also help at the expence of some top end.any thoughts on this?
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I'm not big on advancing or retarding the timing myself. If it has a Dessert pipe, it is going to "sail" down the trail at a good pace. If it has a Woods pipe, you will feel the torque-iness w/stock gearing. I have a 93 (new top end and a rad valve) w/woods and 95 (probably time for a top end, no rad valve) with the dessert. The 93 is so much fun in the woods, but the 95 just rips. I actually like the 93 one tooth up on the front and the 95 w/stock gearing. But, these engines do perform different than each other. I don't know why, but the 93 has always seemed more "stout" on the bottom than the 95, even before the new top end.

Anyways, you probably have the dessert pipe, which you loose some bottom end torque with. Up top, it will "haul the mail" though.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
twowheelfanatic

mid and top end power very good,and seems to have a nice hit in the midrange.seems weak or sluggish down low on power.fredette racing has the torque ring which ive read on here are mixed opinions on how it makes engines perform.the bike is new to me and in really good shape.i may put the woods pipe on and sell the desert pipe and reevaluate how it performs.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

twowheelfanatic wrote:mid and top end power very good,and seems to have a nice hit in the midrange.seems weak or sluggish down low on power.fredette racing has the torque ring which ive read on here are mixed opinions on how it makes engines perform.the bike is new to me and in really good shape.i may put the woods pipe on and sell the desert pipe and reevaluate how it performs.
If you are serious about that, I could use a dessert pipe, right about mid December, I don't have a woods pipe to trade, but I still would buy yours.
twowheelfanatic

yes i would do that.ill take some pics and send them to you.it doesnt have one ding in it just some surface rust type blemish by the cylinder which you will see in pics.
btw do you know anyone who has tried the frp torque ring?