155/45 too rich??

A reference for the PWK carbs...
Heers68

155/45 too rich??

Post by Heers68 »

I have a 1999 200 that I recently picked up that has a 155 main and 45 pilot, bike is running an older FMF pipe and silencer(pipe just has gold series,then FMF then feel the power below that, no fatty or rev?? silencer is oval body with curved stinger out back and three ridges down the length that I freshly cleaned out and repacked??) no airbox lid with a new UNI filter. I have slide needle set in its center position. Bike seems rich to me, burbles and does not seem to carburate cleanly unless I am really on it! What are you guys oppinions on how I should jet?? I believe here in central NC we are at around 800ft elev. THANKS!! Kevin.
Heers68

155/45 too rich??

Post by Heers68 »

Thanks for the links! I had read the very good jetting thread provided but was hoping that someone with similar exaust and set up as me might be able to keep me from having to buy a bunch of different jets I dont need and get me close! ANYONE have experience with my set up or very similar?? These jets seem big to me after reading info I have found? Kevin.
KDXrider1989

Re: 155/45 too rich??

Post by KDXrider1989 »

check your float height, wear on the reed petals, check for leaks anywhere
Heers68

Post by Heers68 »

scheckaet, I have a notice that you sent me a message but the forum says I dont have privledges to get them! My email is: kevin.reddinger@us.army.mil like to hear from you!

KDX rider, thanks for info! I have been needing to check my float height, my carb pee's alot! Where should I check for leaks? Around the reed cage? or head and base gaskets??
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

sorry forgot about the PM. I was just asking you to refrain from posting the same topics in different section cuz it clutters the site...
Heers68

Post by Heers68 »

will do!
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

Yes, and the carb's float bowl. Also check if your carb slide does not have excessive play in the carb body, I used to have another '89 that had this and I believe it affected it's performance
CoronasAndChips
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by CoronasAndChips »

The pipe ID # should be stamped on the back of the top mounting tab.
Elbow grease contains no trans fat!
CoronasAndChips on XBox Live
BFBC2, BF3, COD 2,3,4, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, Tiger Woods 08' and 09' and Forza 2..... mostly
Heers68

Post by Heers68 »

Ok, got into the carb today and set the float Hight lower(allowing less gas into float bowl) just took a shot at it and bent the needle tab a bit so it would depress the needle sooner. I have not checked the float gap or tolerance though, I have heard people here say 18 mm? If this is correct where do you measure this at? The result is very good though! The bike seems to carborate cleaner and there is NO carb peeing and overflowing all over!! The bike still seems to be weaker low in the rev range but that could be my jet sizes and the result of the older FMF pipe (rev?? Doesn't have a model name just gold series and feel the power) and hard for me to judge because this is my first KDX 200 and I bought it as is with the FMF pipe and silencer. she does really scream though and pull hard! Would have blown my old teen years owned 1980 Yamaha IT 175 out of the woods! Any input on jetting sizes would still be appreciated, any opinions at all! thanks! Kevin.
Heers68

Post by Heers68 »

Hey thanks Coronasandchips!! I will look..