Really liking the JD needle

A reference for the PWK carbs...
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Really liking the JD needle

Post by Tedh98 »

I stumbled upon a new JD kit being sold on eBay a while back. Got it for less than 1/2 the regular price.

After trying the CEK and DEK, I settled on the DEK and have been using it for over a year and a half now.

As per the instructions, I started with the Red needled @ #4 position. It was obvious from the start that this combo was too rich. I followed the procedure of going leaner by alternating needles and clip positions.

Blue #3 ran well and Red #3 had a lean bog. I was surprised that there was that much of a change between combos, but it does make it very obvious which combo works best.

Blue #3 reminds me of a mix between the CEK and DEK needles. The power is still smooth, but it is easier to get the front wheel up in the air.
Last edited by Tedh98 on 07:52 am Apr 01 2012, edited 1 time in total.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I had thought about trying one of the JD kits. Everyone that tries them seems to be very happy with them and says it is way easier to get your bike jetted well. I think I'm going to wait, though, and see how it goes with the jetting RB supplied with my carb. Hmm, I wonder how JD jetting kit would work with an RB carb?
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R