So I think I finally have proper jets in my bike, but...

A reference for the PWK carbs...
KDXrider1989

So I think I finally have proper jets in my bike, but...

Post by KDXrider1989 »

It still feels kinda sloppy whenever I get on the throttle. Main jet: 155, Pilot: 42, R1369N needle in the 2nd position, KIPS works smoothly and the motor still has good compression. If I wanted to lean things out a bit, is it okay to alter the float level? Seems like whenever I go to an MX track and land a few jumps, the bike acts completely different and has a much stronger powerband and better throttle response, even right off idle. Could it be the float level that's causing this?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

It could very well be a float issue. Have you played with the air screw much?
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

yeah, I'm at 2 turns out right now. I went by Vince's jetting guide, I'll see if backing out the air screw would make a difference, last time I tried it didn't but that was when it was nearly 50 degrees outside and when I had a slight carb leak
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Might be worth going in and see what it will do also. The jetting guid will get you very close but you may have to fine tune a little from there.
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

Also, would it hurt if I were to change the float height? Maybe a millimeter or two, I really liked the way my bike was performing at the track (if the float valve is the cause, I'm pretty certain it is) besides, I think my bike is running a little rich
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Try it, You can always go back.