I don't understand...

A reference for the PWK carbs...
moto_psycho

I don't understand...

Post by moto_psycho »

... most manufacturers of performance parts etc tell people to upjet when changing exhaust. My friend contacted gianelli about his DT, and with the airbox unrestricted and full gianelli system they recommended between 20% and 30% larger jets. And if you look at any forum for pretty much any other bike its exactly the same.... what makes the KDX so special? Why is everybody so obsessed with running as lean as possible also? These are 2-strokes, they need oil, you can gain extra performance by jetting slightly lean but at the cost of lubricating your engine far less!

I've been jetting mine recently, been doing constant arse dynos in a disused quarry, in England, at sea level, airbox lid off, 48 pilot (45 only worked at half a screw out) CEL needle @ 3rd from top, and currently a 162 main jet, I tried 170 and it worked better but jumped from 160, going to fit 165 on the next ride, running fully synthetic oil at 32:1.

My bike is an SR model, but with pwk measured at 36mm inlet side, fibreglass reeds, proskill exhaust pipe and standard can. Rings are in tolerance, bore in good condition, KIPS working fine and lubricated, there is nothing wrong with this bike. Current temperature is about 5 celcius, that and sea level is the only reason I can find why mine is running better with larger jets. But I would expect it to need larger jets with the box and expansion chamber mods anyway... so why is the KDX so special that it constantly needs to be made leaner the more you tune it :neutral: seems like absolute madness to me!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You forgot to tell us what your slide is cut at.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

I actually have no idea! I will post it shortly as I was gonna stick the airbox lid on with the snorkel removed in hopes to get a slightly torque-ier bottom end.

edit - so i would possibly have to change the needle back to 2nd position