Anyone know???

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Dallas Longhorn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Anyone know???

Post by Dallas Longhorn »

I have a 95 kdx that I can't seem to part with.....love it... HATE the front suspension!! Anyone know what year kx forks (I'm assuming 125) would be the EASIEST conversion? Thanks in advance guys. Like riding it much more than working on it, but that's exactly why I still have my trusty KDX right?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All the conversions are about the same. Look for 96 and up KX forks and triple trees... the whole front end actually for the easiest conversion.

Send your old triple trees with the stem and your KX triple trees to Ron Black of http://rb-designs.com and he will do all the machine work for you at a more than reasonable price. Ron is our preferred machinist for KDX anything... He knows what is up on these bikes.

Alternately a KX500 frontend is a direct swap... any year. No machine work needed.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Dallas Longhorn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Awesome thank you so much for your quick response! I'm on the hunt for kx500 front end...path of least resistance!
Dallas Longhorn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Sorry just to be clear... Do I need to buy the entire kx 500 front end, triples and all or will the tubes fit into my stock triples? Thanks again!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Need the entire front end. The forks are inverted so they will not fit your trees.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

Ebay is your friend in your search. Haven't seen any 500 front ends, but several 125 and 250 set-ups.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
Dallas Longhorn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Thanks and yes I'm all over it! Already bought a '97 Kx 125 bike to get forks and wheel from and a set of Kx 500 triples. Getting ready to tackle the swap this next week...I'll post some pics when done. WISH ME LUCK PLZ!!!