Found a 250f front end

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
motv8r
Supporting Member

Found a 250f front end

Post by motv8r »

Ok, I've been putting aside funds to do the fork swap when I found a good deal. I found a 2007 250f that's being parted out. He's willing to sell the entire front end, from the handlebars down to the axle. Except he won't sell the wheel because he wants it for a spare.

Couple of questions...one, is there anything I should be careful about using this setup? I'm assuming it would work great on the KDX.

Two, I'd like to be able to keep the odo, so I'll have to keep the KDX wheel to make that happen, right? Also will have to have an axle fab'd to fit my old wheel? Any idea how much this could cost? Does Ron Black make something like this?

I've heard that the 05 KX125's forks will work with the KDX's wheels, so would it be better to just wait on a 125 to show up? Honestly I'd rather have a 125 since the spring rate is better: .42 vs. .45, but at 195lbs before gear maybe they would work for me.

Sorry for all the questions...any help would be appreciated!!!
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I am just starting to get serious about the fork swap also. I was thinking that if the odo was going to be too big of a pain you can get a trail tech computer with more than just an odo for less than $100 most of the time on ebay. That will open up alot of wheel options and save the hassel of axle mods and what not.
Mildew

Post by Mildew »

I'm almost positive 05 KX forks won't work with your KDX wheel.
2004 KDX 220
2002 YZ 125
urnuts

Odo

Post by urnuts »

I tried and tried to maintain the odo- I used '02 forks (I believe).
I was not succesfull- the KX wheel which was needed- would not accept the odo.
I was bummed because I like that little mechanical odo- I have never had good luck with Trail Tech computers so I went with another brand; Speedo, odo, trip..... that's it!