still need part and knowledge

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
stomlinson

still need part and knowledge

Post by stomlinson »

ive got the forks triples and front caliper off a 2003 kx 125 but it didnt come with a front wheel i found a 2003 kx 250 wheel is it the same as the 125 wheel? also if i get the kx brakeline will it work with my 1990 KDX control/resivior because its a twin piston unit will i need to get the 2003 kx resivior? and also ive looked at lots of pages here and they all explain similar steps to mounting your triples onto the KDX frame but no one says years so if anyone knows how to mount 2003 triples onto 1990 KDX 200 please share the wealth i need to know if there is a shim needed for the top and all that so please kdx community come together so i dont have to ride on those lack luster stockers another season.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

As far as I know the KX250 wheel is the same as the KX125.

You will be fine with the stock KDX mastercyclinder.

All KX 125/250 fork swaps must have your stock KDX stem pressed in to the KX lower triple and more than likely you will need a spacer as well. The smart choice is to pack up your KDX lower triple/stem/nut, the KX lower triple, and send them all to Ron Black (http://www.rb-designs.com) to have him work his magic. For under $100 you will have forks that will bolt on right the first time.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

http://www.rb-designs.com/KDX-KX-Stem-Swap.htm

One hell of a deal by a master machinist. You will not touch the quality and attention to detail anywhere...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
stomlinson

Post by stomlinson »

i guess im shipping my parts state side thanks for the advise