KX250F Front End - Roll Pin Queries

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Byte

KX250F Front End - Roll Pin Queries

Post by Byte »

I am converting my OEM KDX220 front end of my KDX220 to the 07 KX250F front end.

I have been advised to look out for the roll pin in the OEM steering stem and clamp combo at the bottom OEM T-Clamp because it is an "Australian model" and not the same as the USA model?

I am told I am not dealing with the same steering stem and clamp combo that all the USA model people are posting about.

I thought all KDX's are the same - no matter which country they came from?

Can anyone confirm this difference (if any) or what this roll pin looks like and where exactly it is located?

I am gettign RBD to perform the KX bottom clamp swap with KDX stem and spacer inclusion.

Will this roll pin issue still exist after the KX250f front end transplant?

THoughts?

Byte
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

Australian model usually is the SR model KDX if I am not wrong. however yours shouldnt have the roll pin if it is 94' and above KDX. No on newer model bikes now they do not have any roll pin. at least i am sure that the KXF do not have it.

I have a thread on KX fork conversion made easy on the fork conversion site. do take a look for more information.
A true KDX customizer!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Trev's had a roll pin staking his stem... it was on the back side of the lower tree. Very easy to see! Should be fairly easy to remove also... I think his was a post 94 model also.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Byte

Post by Byte »

thanks guys.

My model is '98 and I cannot see any roll pin.

Out of Curiosity - How does the SR version / model differ from the USA model?

Byte
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

mainly one is street version and the US is off road version. SR comes with all the lighting, signal and horn etc...the SR version might have the temp indicator and neutral light indicator hence the stator coil and cylinder head will have extra electrical system on them. also the cylinder might be different on the exhuast header area. there is so much more etc
A true KDX customizer!!