98 kdx 200 with kxf 05 fork conversion from the uk

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

^^^ Yes those three items would be great for the kit. ^^^
'00 KDX 220R
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Yes, those are the parts of interest.

Hey, Andy - where'd you get the frame protectors?

Again, nice job.
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
akracing

Post by akracing »

>|<>QBB<
johnyblaze wrote:Yes, those are the parts of interest.

Hey, Andy - where'd you get the frame protectors?

Again, nice job.
Hi there,the frame protectors are made by ufo i purchased them through ebay uk from a company called md racing who import them to the uk.They also do the rad shrouds ,fenders and side panels.

Hope this helps ,Andy
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

Hi Andy, I am very interested for the kit too. do you still make them? btw my location is in Singapore (asia). recently planning to do a kx front but find that it make no sence to buy another kx wheel and leave my kdx wheel in the store room. waste of money here.

just a question here, by using stainless steel material for the axle, will wear out other parts faster? becos SS is very hard metal than other steel material.
A true KDX customizer!!
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

Hi, akracing. Do you still make the kit for kx fork swap? i like to buy a set from you. thanks
A true KDX customizer!!
kevfort19

Post by kevfort19 »

i would like to know the price +shipping to canada if you do the kit
KDX 220 2001 =)

Don'T drink and drive...just give some gas and fly :D
cookycamy101

Post by cookycamy101 »

hey i just got a '90 kx 500 front end but i need an axel that will fit my stock '90 kdx 200 hub so i can save my odo/wheel. if you would be able to machine me one and send to the States it would be much appreciated.. this will be the first mod i have made to my bike so im excited to get the ball rolling

flyingbrick

Post by flyingbrick »

Would 2006 kx250f triple clamps have the same width? they run a 47mm fork shaft but would the kdx wheel still work with them?
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Do you have the dimensions on your "top hat" spacer

I'm assuming you made this as a one piece spacer as opposed to the two piece spacer in this diagram

I was mocking mine up and it looked like around 60mm give or take 2mm
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
akracing

Post by akracing »

Mr. Wibbens wrote:Do you have the dimensions on your "top hat" spacer

I'm assuming you made this as a one piece spacer as opposed to the two piece spacer in this diagram

I was mocking mine up and it looked like around 60mm give or take 2mm
Hi there

yes the part was one piece and the 60mm seems about right the width was made the exact width of the kxf fork then i used the stock kdx wheel spacer.Your drawings look good to me pretty much exactly as i made the items.

sorry i cannot be more specific but i have recently reluctantly sold the kdx and now run a gas gas ec300 two stroke.

good luck with your build and if you have any more questions please ask
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

hi, mr wibben, think again about making the spacer as one piece instead of having the two piece. reason being you are not making another clamping contact from the brake side fork if you are going for the one piece. duno if that will becomes a safey concern. if that is the case why is it the factory did not want to make it a one piece but still stick to having a spacer instead. just a thought.
A true KDX customizer!!
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

>|<>QBB<
KDXsg wrote:hi, mr wibben, think again about making the spacer as one piece instead of having the two piece. reason being you are not making another clamping contact from the brake side fork if you are going for the one piece. duno if that will becomes a safey concern. if that is the case why is it the factory did not want to make it a one piece but still stick to having a spacer instead. just a thought.
10-4 on that... It does need to be in two pieces to lock the front wheel to the left fork tube and keep it centered and rigid.

I am working on the same project with the KDX/KX swap and using the stock KDX front wheel assembly/axle. The "top hat spacer" as it is being called never makes contact with the spacer to the spacer that goes into the wheel bearing seal. It is locking the flange side of the spacer up against the fork tube via the flange on the threaded bushing/nut as I call it ("top hat spacer"). This keeps the wheel centered and locked into place without the pinch bolts.

Service available...

Ron
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

:supz: