Another KDX 200 to KX 125 fork swap, with a new twist?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
curtisa

Another KDX 200 to KX 125 fork swap, with a new twist?

Post by curtisa »

I bought an '03 KDX 200 and the guy gave me some KX 125 forks ('95's??) and a KLX triple clamp. I plan to use the triple clamp with a spacer and will endeavor to get the bike back to the original geometry. Beyond a spacer, I'm good to go with the triple clamp, right?

My thought is to use the KDX wheel/caliper and machine a new axel-bolt. Will that work or is it a crazy scheme? What kind of metal shall I use, stainless steal or tool metal steel or?

I guess I'll take a pic of the KX forks and post them up to see what year they are and look closer at my new fork bolt approach. This seems easier and less expensive than buying a KX front wheel and brake caliber.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I put 95 forks on my brothers bike and they are MUCH better than KDX forks.... you will like them I'm sure.

Not sure on the axle....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
curtisa

Post by curtisa »

I think they may be '93's and not '95's. They have the rebound adjustment and there's no underhang! It's got to be a move in the right direction.