Handlebar rubber mounts/FRP bar brace

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
summitrider04
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Handlebar rubber mounts/FRP bar brace

Post by summitrider04 »

I just ordered 4 new dampers p/n: 92160-1521 because whenever I drop the bike the bar mounts move in the triple clamp and my bars are crooked. Maybe I should stop falling.

I feel like i've come across this in other threads...Any of you guys had this problem?

One other thing: Anyone using the FRP bar brace?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I like the rubber mounting for that reason, cuz when I crash I can just loosen the mounts, straighten out the bar and be done while on solid mount, every time I fall ... need new bars.
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Ha...you sound exactly like me about a year ago. Yea....the more you drop the bike, the more the dampers get chewed up. I replaced my dampers and got one of those Fredette brace things. It does help.

Granted, if I drop the bar end on a rock or something they are still going to tweak somewhat, but overall I have notice a big reduction in trying the straighten the bars back up. Worth the money I say.
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
summitrider04
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by summitrider04 »

Ha Ha its nice to hear i'm not the only one! Right on, thanks for the re-assurance
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I don't know what the Freddette brace is, but the top clamp off of a KX125 makes a world of difference in keeping your bars straight when they get bumped. It's just a one piece unit instead of the two separates for the KDX.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I second what CM said.
summitrider04
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by summitrider04 »

The FRP bar brace works. My buddy tipped over and took me out yesterday and then I low-sided going going pretty fast uphill and slid an good ways and my bars didn't tweak.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:I like the rubber mounting for that reason, cuz when I crash I can just loosen the mounts, straighten out the bar and be done while on solid mount, every time I fall ... need new bars.
If you stop buying pos bars you would not have that problem
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS