whado I have here

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
kicknrocks

whado I have here

Post by kicknrocks »

so I bought my kx forks, wheel and aftermarket clamps about two years ago and, after taking my bike for several thousand miles of road trips in a uhaul, finally ended up somewhere where I can ride it again. Even the snow is almost gone. So I opened up the boxes of goodies and there's not so much as a packing slip. Ito would behoove me to know what parts I have, possibly. Can anyone make any suggestions? Also, how do I get the axle out of the left shock?

I know there's a wealth of information on here already, but I'm going to ask you guys to bear with me on this one . . .
'01 KDX 220
Frisbee air box
RB Designs Carb
FMF Gnarly Woods
kicknrocks

Post by kicknrocks »

. . . axle threads out. check.
'01 KDX 220
Frisbee air box
RB Designs Carb
FMF Gnarly Woods
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

any photo's? got a micrometer? measure the inner fork tube diameter. That's a good place to start.
kicknrocks

Post by kicknrocks »

no pics yet. no micrometer, but have an old head machinist around the corner who's been begging to repay me a favor. bout to throw the parts in the rig and trundle on over there, have a birthday beer and claim my dues.

Clarification; the machinist is an old head.
'01 KDX 220
Frisbee air box
RB Designs Carb
FMF Gnarly Woods
kicknrocks

Post by kicknrocks »

I think me'n ole boy puzzled it through alright . . . I guess I'll know better once I see what he fabricates and try to assemble it.

what do I need in the way of fork guards/seal savers? Trying to piece together an order to place tomorrow along with brake fluid (?) wide bars . . . any other suggestions?
'01 KDX 220
Frisbee air box
RB Designs Carb
FMF Gnarly Woods