Trail Tech Enduro KX front end

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Trail Tech Enduro KX front end

Post by frankenschwinn »

Should have new forks on Mon. Weather is not good for riding so I am ready to do the swap. One question though.

since I am losing my Odometer I want to get a trail tech enduro. My forks are from a 97 KX 125. I assume i buy the KX 125 kit?
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I think what matters most is which hub/rotor you are using. I moved my trailtech over from the KDX front end, and dealt with the magnet since the KX rotor bolts on my KX front wheel are a different size. So if ordering new, get the one that matches your hub.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:I think what matters most is which hub/rotor you are using. I moved my trailtech over from the KDX front end, and dealt with the magnet since the KX rotor bolts on my KX front wheel are a different size. So if ordering new, get the one that matches your hub.
Just what I thought. Thanks for the input.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

One other point is you might want to ditch the KDX brake line guide that mounts to the lower triple clamp. It's too small to allow the trailtech pickup to pass through, so they have you cut it and re-glue it. Just get a later KX unit, it's open on one end and is held closed by the bolt that mounts it. I think it was $6.00 from the dealer.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220