04 KDX200 + 03 KX125 front end questions

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
kawi600

04 KDX200 + 03 KX125 front end questions

Post by kawi600 »

Ive got an 04 that I did the KX conversion on. First thing I did was send the suspension out for revalving. The riding up here is LOTS of rocks. Rock gardens. big rocks.. loose rocks. You get the idea.
Im a 190lb rider and the shop left the .42's in there. The first time I took it on the trail I near plastered myself on a tree it was so harsh.
Adjusters all the way out and it was still bad. I lowered the forks in the trees 3/4" and immediately it became more plush on the rocks. Its not 100% of the way there though. Only downside is that the rear started to kick up due to the weight distribution. Ill work on that next..
What do you folks think of running .38's in there or maybe lowering the oil level to get the forks compliant over these rocks? Right now the valving shows good response on square edge stuff and BIG hits, but medium size stuff it just bounces me over. No control over direction of the bike.

Other question I have is, who makes a sub mount for a scotts damper for the KX? The extra bar height is actually helpful since I spend so much time standing.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'd run the .42's and check the shim stack. I removed 4 24mm shims from each stack and I am 99% there....

Who did you send your forks to?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
kawi600

Post by kawi600 »

I had factory connection east do the work. We have a bunch of riders in our group that have used them and theyre pretty fast so I think its more the weight distribution front to back thats getting me.
When I set it to 3/4" down in the front the rear kicked and the front was almost where I want it.
Ive talked to guys running lighter than normal springs and using the damping more, sounds like it might help me
04 KDX200, 95 KLX650, 94 KDX200, 99 WR400F