Fork Oil Question.

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Fork Oil Question.

Post by jafo »

I got a friend thats a bike nechanic and is going to go through my invert. forks with new seals ect. He needs to know the amount of fork oil for each fork. He does'nt mess with to many Kawasakis, but he's a buddy of mine and he's doing them cheap! I have'nt talked him into the stem swap yet, but I'm trying. :mrgreen: So if one of you guys thats done with your fork conversion could let me know, that'd be great.

Thanks.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

105mm for a 99 (From Team Green).... don't have specs on your 97's...sorry! For the woods, you usually run a little less... say 110 to 120mm. These measurements are taken from the top of the collapsed tubes.

It's a measurement...not an amount. If he doesn't know how to do it... just refer to your manual and you will get the picture. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I understand what Team Green is but how did you aquire info from them? They have a question and answer site?

I would'nt think that your forks would be to far off mine diameter wise. Maybe the valving is different, don't know. I got on the Kawasaki site and they called for 610-620 cc's of oil but N/A for the level. I guess it's preference and conditions. Thats why I was wondering what the amount was.

He's been a mechanic for over 20 years, street bikes and dirtbikes, mostly Hondas. He pretty good from what I understand. He's my wifes freinds husband but I've known him for awhile. I ride out on his place. I may just go back to my original plan and have Emigs do the whole thing. Probably around $200 but I know it'll be done right. He'll also set up the suspension for my weight and riding conditions also.

Thanks for the help.

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "