Need Some More Info on KX Front Wheel

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Need Some More Info on KX Front Wheel

Post by jafo »

I have my front wheel now and am getting ready to order the front axle and other axle parts. So far I'm looking at both end caps, collars, axle and nut. This setup is different than the regular KDX axle setup, so what I'm needing is maybe some picks of some converted front ends to see what the collars look like ect. I just want to make sure I order the right parts. The collars are what I'm concerned about, if they are both the same or ones longer than the other. I'd like to also see up close what the wheel axle looks like assembled on the bike so I know what it should look like.

Thanks for any help, Jon.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

My digital camera is in Hong Kong at the moment sorry otherwise I could have posted it all for you... DOH... If your still looking on the 15th let me know. The spacers are indeed different sizes (one is longer). Probably little to no help but I will have my camera soon if your still stuck.

What year model wheel / front end do you have ??

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here's one side... the longer side...But it's a 2003.

http://kdx.woodsrider.net/gallery/Indawoods/kxcable
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I'm going to take a look at my buddies '99 kx 125 front end. I forgot he had it. It should tell me what I need to know. Thanks for the help.

Jon.