Paging Indawoods

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
ettev

Paging Indawoods

Post by ettev »

Yet another question with the KX front swap. I'm using a 2003 KX front rim. What do I do with the KDX odometer? Can it be made to work with the KX rim? If not what goes in its place? A home made spacer? Some other odometer/computer? If an aftermarket odometer/computer which one, and will it be a direct bolt on or is there fabrication involved?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Let's see... your using KX forks... KX rim.... why would you need something to take the place of the KDX Odometer drive gear?

Use the spacers that are on the KX axle.

You will have to use a TrailTech Endurance or Vapor computer if you want an Odometer/Speedometer and it is magnetic pickup driven off the rotor with a magnetic bolt.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
ettev

Post by ettev »

I found them. Had them on the wrong sides.

Nope, don't have the right spacer. I think I need the L36 because my front wheel is from a 2003 KX250. They had 2 different sized spacers left and right.