95 KX250 forks on a 95 KDX200

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
theckeler

95 KX250 forks on a 95 KDX200

Post by theckeler »

I've read though most of the stuff on here and there's no real info on what to actually do... what the process is. Is it as simple as moving one to the other or is there more too it? Thanks.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The second sticky is a step by step! :blink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
theckeler

Post by theckeler »

ok thanks, I scrolled though it and didn't see anything I'll reread it.
theckeler

Post by theckeler »

See that you used a 96 KX forks, wondering about 95 KX to 95 KDX, sounds like it's more difficult than it's worth anyhow. The KDX doesn't work currently and the KX does so...
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You press a stem out and press in the KX stem basically... that's more trouble than it's worth? I guess everyone has their thresholds....

Year doesn't matter much.... the techniques are the same. That was Skipro3's conversion... I have 03's on mine... same technique exactly.

It's not swapping an air cleaner or reeds... you are taking forks that were designed for an entirely different bike and adapting them to a completely different bike. I think it is one of the easiest conversions I have ever done....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "