FORK UPGRADE ADVICE PLEASE!

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
gertie6car

FORK UPGRADE ADVICE PLEASE!

Post by gertie6car »

Hi guys,

I am after some more input on forks before I commit to buying. The earlier set from a 1994 bike I was considering have been discarded following advise from here.

Do you think a set of kx125 forks would be more of an appropriate upgrade for a 1990 standard pair? The set I have in mind are from a 2000 year bike and in good condition. I will be acquiring all the front end from the headstock forward if I do go for it. What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Gert
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Absolutely.
Getting the whole front end is the way to go, too.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
gertie6car

Post by gertie6car »

cheers, am going to go for it!!!!!!!
allergic2death

Post by allergic2death »

Did you finish it yet? I rode mine over the weekend and loved it. We are heading to stonyford here in CA for the holidays. Its is a night and day difference! Anyone who says that the conventionals work better in certain situations are on crack :mrgreen: You will be able to hit big rocks at full throttle now. It feels just like my YZF250
gertie6car

Post by gertie6car »

Hi guys,

I have been travelling a bit so only just picked this up!

Yes I have finished the bike, 1990 E2 completely rebuilt motor, spes exhaust, fmf muffler, 2000 KX 125 USD forks. What a blast, such a tractable engine (its my first KDX) great power delivery, the forks are absolutely great! I am really delighted now all the bugs are sorted and I can enjoy the ride! Very worthwhile project, still smiling!!

Have a really good christmas and best wishes for the new year!!

Gert