StainlessSteel Brake line kit for KAWASAKI KX Forks CR style

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

StainlessSteel Brake line kit for KAWASAKI KX Forks CR style

Post by skipro3 »

I bought this kit off eBay. It is the CR style of brake line for the KX forks. I've been wanting to get a stainless steel front brake line and I have been worried about the exposure to rocks and such of the stock routing.

When I get it installed, I'll post again with a ride report. In the meantime, here is the auction I bought from:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Please do! I'd like to see it how you secure the line to the fork guard (assuming you do).

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

yea, me too! The auction listed it in the description as a kit. The seller immediately contacted me and said it would ship monday and asked if I had any questions. I asked just that, "as a kit, how is the brakeline attached to the upper fork leg." He hasn't replied. Oh, Oh..... Anyways, I'll figger a way. I may crash a few times doing so, but I'm usually pretty lucky and slop into these things with good results.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

CC... when I had the KDX setup, I didn't see any reason even to secure it. It was very stiff and flexed the right way without getting in the way of anything... Something to chew on....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well...that's the kind'a funny part. You said 'kit'..and that is what piqued my curiousity. Wrote a reply all about kits, part numbers and such..THEN went to the description to see nothing about a kit...just a piece of brakeline!!

He hasn't replied cuz he thought, '..upper fork leg? Why would anyone wanna stick it up there!!??'

Ha!

Thanks, Inda. It may well be just fine. I'm worried way too much about all this crap. I should be ready to get this party started in a few days. Should have the clamps/stem back by the end of this week.

I'm sure I'll come up with SOME reason to put it off longer, though.

..like...I still haven't taken my forks apart to see if the bladder has been taken out or just defeated. ...if the forks even HAVE one.

In a couple hours I'll know if I'll have a set of .38s to put in....:wink:

blah blah....

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!