where buy fork boots for 97 kdx 220?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
HIKDX

where buy fork boots for 97 kdx 220?

Post by HIKDX »

Hello,

Anyone know where I can buy some new fork boots for my 1997 kdx 220? Doesn't matter if they are purple, black, or blue. I still haven't been able to figure out how to work this website or my settings...so I may respond slower than others as I try to figure out how I can find the place that someone might reply to my question. I have the box checked below to notify me when someone replies but that never seems happen even though someone replied last time, so I thanks in advance for your patience as I continue to try to figure this out. Any suggestions on where to get boots at a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
HIKDX
wylde3

Post by wylde3 »

This site has everything you need. Part number 49006 is curently out of stock but they will get them in if you call them.

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/oem.ph ... upId=21219
David Bates

KDX Fork Boots

Post by David Bates »

I use Daystar Boots . They are black and fit perfectly. They are more rubber than the KDX plastic and I like them better. The part # for them is D69-1. Most bike shops should be able to get them for you. I usually have 2 or 3 sets in my stock, but I am out right now. I am placing an order tomorrow for more. They cost around $30 per pair. Much cheaper than the $40 each from Kawasaki. They come in other colors, but I dont know the # for the other colors. If you cant find them, give email me and I will give you a direct num to my friends shop and he can send them direct to you. My email is motopsychoman@peoplepc.com . My name is David. Good luck.
HIKDX

Post by HIKDX »

Great! Thanks so much for your replies. I really appreciate it. Turns out I found a new pair on ebay for $25 (w/free shipping) and I bought them. I think they will fit. If they dont, I will try the sources you two list, and certainly will keep that info handy for the next pair I buy. Thanks again,
Tyler
HIKDX
HIKDX

Post by HIKDX »

I installed the fork boots I got on eBay and they work perfect and look great. I thought I would let others here know in case they want to find the same. The brand is "Progrip" and they come in a variety of colors and sizes. A pair can usually be found on eBay for a flat "buy it now" price of $25 with free shipping. They are brand new, soft and more flexible/rubbery than the original harder plastic boots. They even have a purple color that is real close to the original purple like those on my '97 220.
HIKDX