Are ProCircuit forks any good?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Are ProCircuit forks any good?

Post by Wudscrasher »

Ummm.... I just won these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0194101435

I've heard of PC from watching moto/supercross, so I figured these were pretty good. They need seals, but WTH. Paid $164 incl. shipping. Guess I just need the KX triples, wheel/axle/rotor, and brake assembly?

eBay is neat. (can I say that? We're not like DRN, right?)

--C.J.
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

PC has a good reputation. If you have the owner's first name to go with the last (Andrews) you can call the PC location where they were rebuilt and get the exact set-up info from them.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

I have a kx wheel for ya! just pulled it off my KDX with KX forks and put on a new Excel rim. pm me with your email and I will send pics and discuss price.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

Hey, Krazyinski, I tried to PM you but haven't been able to get it through. Send me the info on the wheel at:

(my screen name) at hot mail dot com

Does the wheel include the brake rotor and axle?

Thanks!

--C.J.
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I have an axle and nut.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

Well, this is all coming along just great!

Thanks Brad & Krazy, you dudes rock :supz:

--C.J.

(Krazyinski....where are you....???)
2000 KDX220R

TopperHarley
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by TopperHarley »

I have a rotor
If you run into Heidi, have her look me up in her little black book and give me a call.
Im feelin a little wild today.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GATEWAY2-STROKE
2005 KDX220 mine
2003 KDX220 mine(under construction)
1998 KDX220 1/2 Brother-in-laws, soon his own
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

SWEET!

Wheel from Krazy

Axle & Nut from Brad

Brake Rotor from TopperHarley

You guys HAVE to come out for the Colorado Spodefest this year so I can thank you with beer and singletrack...

--C.J.
2000 KDX220R

krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

I sent pics to ya, did you get them? the wheel has a Maxxis IT with a heavy duty tube and slime in it tire is ok to some standards but worn out by mine I can take off to save on shipping. I need to help off set the price on the excel rims so an honest price on the wheel. about spacers I have 2003 KX spacers
will they work? one short and one long.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Do you need a KX caliper? I bought one and decided to sue my KDX brakes.
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

>|<>QBB<
jc7622 wrote:Do you need a KX caliper? I bought one and decided to sue my KDX brakes.
Yikes! What did your KDX brakes do to you?!

jk, man. I'll keep that in mind, but want to see how the stockers bolt-up first. Thanks!

--C.J.
2000 KDX220R

jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

I saw the typo after I posted it. I knew somebody would make a comment about me sueing my caliper.

I was going to use a KX caliper and run the line underneath like on a KX. Once I got to that point and started messing around with it I decided I didn't like the KX routing under the forks and just used my whole KDX front brake. It was a lot easier and I didn't even have to bleed it to get the air out of the lines because I never took it apart.

The whole swap went pretty smoothly. I used the KX bearing nut as a spacer and bought some .016" aluminum sheet at Ace Hardware to use as shim material on the upper clamp. I haven't ridden it yet, but just from sitting and bouncing on it I can tell it is stiffer.
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

>|<>QBB<
jc7622 wrote:I haven't ridden it yet, but just from sitting and bouncing on it I can tell it is stiffer.
:shock:

You keep setting them up, I'll keep knocking 'em down... :lol:

Seriously, thanks for that info. I was wondering how the setup was, and read guys didn't like the cable hanging down. I have a mechanical engineer as my riding buddy. I'm sure he can over-engineer a solution to any routing/connection issues.
2000 KDX220R