Finally did the USD's

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
fLyNbYu

Finally did the USD's

Post by fLyNbYu »

I have finished putting on some '01 KX250's on my '01 220. All I can say is that I was very disappointed by the conversion on my first ride and was regretting every bump i was hitting. The thing is, I didn't dig deep enough into this section of the forum until after my first ride. The ride was so harsh and brutal I wanted to slap my stock front end back on when I got home. I messed with the clickers all I could, but nothing worked.

I contacted BradF and he sent his setup for his front end. I used his instructions as a guideline for mine since I didn't have all the shims he had, but i was close. All I can say is that it was night and day difference. I love my KDX again. A big thanks to Brad for his knowledge and doing the hard work and making it easier for everyone else doing this conversion. And the revalving only cost me 2 quarts of fork oil and I have almost a full quart left. Thanks again Brad!!! :partyman:
'01 KDX 220R
'01 XR650R SuperTerd
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Yep Brad is the man :supz: .
Don't you love your fork now? For me the hardest part was to set up the front axel properly, I had to do it more than once and it made a big difference.
Congrats!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Yeah my first ride on my new bike was like that - harsh and armpump was aplenty. It stiil fells harsh and I wish I had cash to buy an extra fork & shock and have them revalved but until then I just gotta ride.

Somehow I'm much faster now though :supz: