ROLL PIN ARRRRRGH

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Yep, sure do... I'll post some pics soon.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
lankytim

Post by lankytim »

Well they can still steal it, but our Oz models will only ride in circles unless they break the steering lock. :rolleyes:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I have NEVER EVER seen a USA KDX like that. I know what you mean, but go ahead with the pictures.

We are about to make you run laps around Ayers Rock with all your non-just like ours non-conformity. :grin:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Wow! If I'da known the steering was going to be different, I would have recommended you take careful measurements before outfitting your bike with KX suspension. There shouldn't be any problem, but with the cost for the upgrade, It would be nice to be sure. Anyway, you should still be fine, unless there's some other stuff you are forgetting to tell us.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I hope I'm not forgetting anything. I have taken careful measurements and I think we will be fine. Worst case is I get a new stem machined. The cost ??? Ha I'm still about $2000AU in front as opposed to getting them over here. :supz:

RE: AYERS ROCK

You wont be catching me running around out there !!! Haven't you heard of DINGOS !!!! :lol:

Photos coming soon.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Deleted because I fat fingered a duplicate.
Last edited by skipro3 on 01:35 am Apr 02 2005, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Dingos are just like coyotes, aren't they? I have LOTS of those around here! I usually loose 2 or 3 cats a year to them, and shoot them when ever possible. I'll find a photo of a few I've punched holes in and put them up in my gallery.
Lately though, we are having a mountain lion problem. In the last 3 weeks, we have had 4 deer killed on our property. The lion kills 'em, and then buries them in a shallow grave. My dog, a yellow lab, finds the deer and comes home after rolling in the dang thing, covered in bright red blood. Looks like Cujo!

Now......what were we talking about???

P.S. your seat and cover arrived today.
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

LMAO... Cujo... :lol: Them lions sounds like more of a worry than our dingos (native wild dogs). :shock: I was actually having a stab at Lindy Chamberlain's story. Google it if you haven't heard about it. Attemted humor, sorry... :rolleyes:

RE: Seat 'n' cover
Phew, I was starting to worry because the seller didn't get back to me with a tracking number or payment confirmation. Thanks a million Ski !!! I'll sleep better tonight. :lol:

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Glad to help. That gripper seat cover works well. I couldn't resist, and gave it a test run today. Sure hope it cleans up good.
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol: We'll call it a 'field test' or 'QC'. I wouldn't want you to go to the trouble of sending some inferior gripper over that didn't grip. Now where's the ride report, hmmmm ??? Make sure you get all that dirt off good, we don't want you shipping over some mad cow disease. :rolleyes: :razz:

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Is there a ride report forum here? I had such an awesome ride today! Snow melt has the streams running high. Doug and I crossed a stream that had the water OVER the top of the tires!!!! (That's balls deep if your 5'10" tall. And COLD!!!!) Deepest part was 28" and over 20 yards wide. With the strong current, a wave rose up to 32" on the upstream side of the bike.
BTW, a KDX will float with a little effort before the airbox goes under water. The bake wheel floats easier than the front end too. I didn't want to have the bike any deeper in the water than necessary, so I didn't ride the bike across and load down the sag. I walked it across, dead engine.
We met some guys on the other side of the stream who were on KTM's. When they saw me wade across to check the depth, they got interested. They watched as Doug and I crossed. They took digital photos and I'm contacting them tonight from their website: http://highsierramotorcycleclub.com (no www.) They are going to e-mail me the photos they took of Doug and I crossing the stream. I shamed them into crossing as well with taunts about a meager little KDX could make it, so what's wrong with your KTM's? So they tried too.
Since this riding area has been closed due to snow for the last two weeks, we were making fresh tracks everyplace we went. Lots of water holes that we muddied up for the next riders, that was cool too. Really, a perfect day!
Even met a bloke from Austraila, but I can't recall where from. His accent was too thick and lots of slang? to understand well.
Jerry