KX custom Axle

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Dirtdad4

KX custom Axle

Post by Dirtdad4 »

In the photo gallery is a picture of a custom axle. Does the person who posted it have the drawings that they used to make it and would you be willing to share it with me. I have a KX fork set up coming and I would like to machine my own axle and triple tree stem. Any help here would be great.
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

All it takes is a Vernier Caliper to measure. No?

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Both of those (axle and stem) have been done by metalhead types on this board. Do try a search???

**edit**
I did...didn't find what you are looking for. I know Phil had the measurements and as I recall offered to send them to anyone that was interested.

You might try to contact <PhilJensen>. He made his own axle for the use of the KDX wheel. <bradf> comes to mind, too.

I don't recall for sure who made their own stem.................

You could use the measurements of your KDX stem, no? If you machine things, you certainly have access to a 'real' measurement tool over a simple caliper....

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I contacted Phil when I was contemplating using the KDX wheel but the drawings for a custom axle never materialized . . .

maybe they're on here - somewhere
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!