BV mod for hare scrambles.

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
FRYSPEED

BV mod for hare scrambles.

Post by FRYSPEED »

I have put my 90 kdx engine into a 98 kx 125.Ive made it all with bits from ebag.The front forks are from a 04 kxf250 with 02 kx250 Tag clamps.Ive raced a few times with it and find the front slightly harsh.Ive set the compression adjusters to the softest setting.Next step I think is to mod the Base valve.Any suggestions as to how many shims to take out to make it more compliant.The springs are correct for my weight.
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

take the big ones out but it will still be harsh from the mid stroke, drop the forks have them re valved. money worth spending. I jacked with mine for six months and thought I had them close. after I had them don by pro action I found I was way off. nothing but pure compliance now. cant feel anything under 6 inches on the trail.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.