USD Fork Guard Question

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
fLyNbYu

USD Fork Guard Question

Post by fLyNbYu »

I have an '01 kx250 front end, but no fork guards. I was wondering if anyone knows if '05 fork guards will fit on the '01 front end/left fork. '05 is the year they went with the CR style of routing the front brake line, right? That way I won't have to find and interesting way of attaching the brake line to the fork guard, so on and so forth. And, will I need the guide for the '05 or will the '01 suffice? Thanks
'01 KDX 220R
'01 XR650R SuperTerd
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Nope, mounting holes and guards are very different. You will have to fab something up. It really isn't hard and has been covered on here a few times.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
fLyNbYu

Post by fLyNbYu »

thanks, i was just trying to make it look as clean as possible. I've read the posts on how others have fabbed up brackets to mount their brake lines and was checking to see if the ' 05's were a match, apparantly they're not. thank you again
'01 KDX 220R
'01 XR650R SuperTerd
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

No problem. :mrgreen: I have looked into it also but found nothing that would work. The best option IMHO is some Lightspeed C/Fibre guards and the C/Fibre brakeline clamp but I can't find anyone who has them for 99-02 KX guards. :roll:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
fLyNbYu

Post by fLyNbYu »

Lemme know if you do find anything. :supz:
'01 KDX 220R
'01 XR650R SuperTerd