03 KX 125 Front End - Now on Ebay - I'm Sniping

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Well done. Mine don't look as gold as yours. :mad: It musta been all that sunbaking in Hawaii thats faded them. :rolleyes: :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Stop it T-Roy... your gonna put me in financial ruin! :lol:

The only way I can afford the RB carb mod is selling my old front end.... I already got lectured about packages showing up 3 times a week... Why can't they just put them in the garage? Guys understand that kinda thinking! :partyman:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
T-Roy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by T-Roy »

Inda, did you use an 01 wheel? Any issues veruse using an 03 wheel?
2001 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

01 fit perfect... no issues. Used 03 spacers to be safe though.... I should measure them to see if they are the same.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
T-Roy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by T-Roy »

I see an 01 wheel out there now looking real cheap... Say, what is the technical reason why we can't use our KDX wheel anyway?
2001 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Axle is completely different.... different spacing, different axle, different hub...

I saw that 01 wheel... another nice eSnipe item!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

T-Roy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by T-Roy »

Yeah, the kicker is the guy wants $30 to ship the darn thing. :butthead:
2001 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well... I paid $20.......
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

T-Roy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by T-Roy »

I see a 99 out there also. I checked the parts diagram and they seem to be the same for 99 thru 03. Does that make sense with your findings? Are the KX front wheels the same all those years?
2001 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I bought the wheel first... (bid on the whole lot but only won the wheel) Then bought the forks... just happen to work out OK. I was working on a hope and prayer that they would work together.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****