RTT stabilizer

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

With the RTT stabilizer/ triple clamp being overall larger then the stock KX triple,I had to decrease the (lock to lock) (turning arch) for a better term?? of the front wheel.

Drilled and tapped into the lower clamp stops,and installed bolts with 3/16 heads to prevent the upper clamp bolts from digging into the gas tank.
YES the turning radius is larger. Hopefully not a issue for me.
If you ride OVER your head. You WILL land on IT!!!
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

This particular RTT bar clamp is for 1 1/8 th bars. WELL why not shim them down to fit 7/8th bars! I did just that. Whats another shim on a KDX anyway. :partyman: :supz: :shock:
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

What is really slick about this thing is the handle bar adjustment feature.

It is a 3 way switch that changes the fluid hydrolics of the stabilizer. Rock the switch down and the stabilizer is off (no resistance), middle position and you have 1/2 of what ever you have the RED dial set at, and rolled up and you have full resistance. It is a neat thing.

Not so much when you come to a stop though, You feel like a idiot if you don"t turn it off before you fall over. :mrgreen:

it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That's about as trick as they get. Nice!!

I do notice that the top of the fork tubes seem to be quite a bit in front of the bars. On my bike, i recall the clicker adjustments to be just behind the bars, closer to the tank. Did you notice that the bars look to be further back?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

RTTs are nice....really nice. One of my moto friends is sponsored by RTT and he gets almost free stuff quite often from them. I'm waiting for them to upgrade and I'm going to try and snag their old setup from one of their bikes. The on-the-fly switch is awesome, I think I read somewhere that the new GPRs have the same feature. I really dig the RTTs though because of the whole clamp system and having the actual stabilizer underneath the bars, seems to really clear up the cockpit.
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Ski, the bars CAN be set at a more forward position. The 4th pic up from here, shows where. Bolt hole is almost covered by the bar clamp.
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Well, I bought a stabilizer more for SAFETY, then for performance. Had a issue last september that told me I should look for one. But what brand ???.

Thanks to skipro3, he pointed out this one on ebay last spring.

I can't tell you wether the RTT works better than the Scotts or GPR's. Never road a bike with one of those's on them. But I do like the fact that there is no "bulb" on top of my handlebars. Adjust on the fly I thought was slick also. Besides, My granddaughter needs a good place to hold on to.

As far as putting one on your KDX goes, it can be done. IF you have the tools to do it. Had to call RTT a few times for answers to ???, and they were very helpful. I am also available with whatever assistance I can give. Just PM me

So there you have it. Another mod for the great KDX. :prayer: :partyman: :supz: