Front Light...

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
motorhed220

Front Light...

Post by motorhed220 »

Hey you guys...I was looking at the forks of my Buddy's CR 250, and he has NO mounting place for the KDX light...Now i know that is a HONDA and not a Kawi, BUT would 1996 KX 250 Forks, have amounting bracket, or any way to mount the light to front??? Im guessing im going to have Micky Mouse it...?
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

My 2004 KX125 forks had no such mounting brackets. I had to use zip ties.

I suggest you go to buykawasaki.com and look at a parts diagram to see if a mounting location exists for those '96 forks.
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Another option - custom fabrication! I used a piece of aluminum angle (project-grade from Home Depot) and drilled it to mate the light to the triples. 'Just gotta be creative!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
dirtykdx

Post by dirtykdx »

That or go aftermarket. Acerbis and UFO have some lights that have rubber bands of sort to strap to the forks. Those will work just fine. I think you can pick up one of the lights for somewhere in the $50-60 range.

Or slap a number plate on, cause let's face it. KDX lights are just about worthless.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
dirtykdx wrote:...... cause let's face it. KDX lights are just about worthless.
Mine works great! If your lens is old then I can see your complaint.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "