2000 RM 125 Forks

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
jowens66

2000 RM 125 Forks

Post by jowens66 »

Hey,
I can get a used set of 2000 RM 125 forks, triples, and front tire. How do they fit compared to the KX forks? Has anyone done a RM conversion? Thanks
jowens66

Post by jowens66 »

ttt
dirtykdx

Post by dirtykdx »

I'm also interested. After seeing the YZ fork thread, I'm wondering what other options there are. Or if we're only limited by our ingenuity?

If I understand right the only real fitment issue is getting our KDX steering stem to press into the lower trip of the inverted forks. So maybe it's just a matter of getting the measurements on those down. The tops seem to all have some amount of shimming done so it only needs to be so close up there...correct?

The rest I'm thinking is up to, spacing to make the stock caliper work, or splurging on the stock MX front brake set up.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 2000 RM 125 Forks

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
jowens66 wrote:Hey,
I can get a used set of 2000 RM 125 forks, triples, and front tire. How do they fit compared to the KX forks? Has anyone done a RM conversion? Thanks
Find out what the hole ID in the bottom clamp is (measure it or have it measured from the bottom). This should be done with a set of calipers. Find out the hole ID in the upper clamp as well. Then holler back and we'll compare notes (via this thread or PM) . . .

I don't know how the RM will compare but I still have enough info from my fork swap that we may be able to see if it will work.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
dirtykdx

Post by dirtykdx »

Jeb did you have the measurements for the KX clamps on hand so I can compare? I've got a set of '04 RM 125 forks that a guy offered me. I'm getting the measurements from him so I can compare before I commit to buy.