Wudda'ya Think?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
motorhed220

Wudda'ya Think?

Post by motorhed220 »

Here are some 96 KX 250 Forks that im looking inot buying...i have the highest bid on them...and my max Bid will be about 240...Think these are good Forks??? Any opnions would be nice!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Kawasaki-kx125-kx-12 ... dZViewItem

Thanx!
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thats pretty steep considering I paid $202.50 for an 02 set with gold valves, Racetech springs, Emig billet clamp, ProTaper bars, mid valve replacement kit, bla, bla, bla...

Be patient graffhoppa you will find sxomething much newer.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
grump99

Post by grump99 »

I could be wrong, but I don't think '96 kx forks are blue (mine were silver). They look older to me.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I'm also thinking that is too much money also for those forks and TTs - UNLESS I'am selling them!! Remember springs and seals will likely cost you another 100-125.

I bought some nice low hour 2001 CR 125 forks for ~$180 w/shipping last year.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

hey if i sold a KDX with KX forks would that up the price? or not?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

If they knew anything about KDX's....yes.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

any thing you bolt on only increases the value by less than 10% does make it a hotter commodity than a stock or not. people are funny about buying stuff thats modified.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I can interrupt kraxyinski's post two ways.

I expect he and I agree - that you can put every bolt-on upgrade for the KDX on including pipe/reeds/silencer/RB mods/KX forks and the clean upgraded used bike will sell at maybe 10% of the average price over a total stock clean KDX of the same year.

THEN THERE ARE THOSE PEOPLE WHO:

Will only buy a clean used totally stock bike and look at the aforementioned upgrades as evidence the bike has been rode hard, hot-rodded, abused, and is therefore unreliable. While a very clean used strictly stock bike with good tires and handgrips is worth high book to them. :?

FWIW - I'm one of the few, whom when I purchase a used bike look for the upgrades that I would add (skid plate/pipe/reeds/good quality chain/etc) then figure I'm willing to pay somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 the upgrade costs to basic stock bike costs: but if they are not upgrades to me, I will not give additional money e.g. I once bought a used bike without the handlebars - the seller had just put fat-bars on it and was convinced the adapter and fat-bars made the bike worth $250 more than what I offered. (I was ok with the rest of the mods). He said he could sell the fat-bars and adapter to anyone of his friends for $250. I said I take the bike less the bars - if that is ok. Zip tied on a 1 inch dowel to the upper triple and secured the front end with tie-down straps and drove away controls dangling in the wind. :wink: :supz:

Bottom line - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

that's... BEERHOLDER! :roll:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

Well i was looking lang and hard for forks...and these ones i actually won the bid on!!! Wooooo! Lol

Well i got em and they are on the way...The way i see it Forks are Forks...and any USD Inverted Forks or Motocross Forks are better then stock...or that matter...even if they are 96's that was the last year any Major changed were done to the KDX 220 anyhow...so its like putting them on the appropriate year when ya really think about it isnt it??? lol anywho ill kepp ya'll posted on what happens till then ROCK ON!