different yrs

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
motorhed220

different yrs

Post by motorhed220 »

ok so say i had a set of 2003 kx 250 forks...triples etc

now say, i got my hands on a free 1994 KX 250 wheel...but no axel...do i use the 94 or 03 axel, or will this just not work? or are all axels about the same...whats the price of an axel if i were to buy it from my local bike shop? (roughly)
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Quite a spread on the year difference... I don't think (but may be wrong) the bearing size would be the same between the two. It'd be worth investigating though.... and then there is the hub width difference and I don't think the 94 axle will fit in 03 forks./
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I'd ebay the old wheel and hunt for a 03, theoretically speaking of course. :wink:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

lol...well is there really hat much of a physically size difference in the bearings? if they are both from 2502 why would there be a problem rite?
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

if you haven't figured it out yet you will have to use the 03 axel and spacers in the 94 wheel if it the 94 wheel works. dont go by the item number on the on line parts fiche call the dealer and ask. about bearing size.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.