I HAVE WON THE FORKS !!! Woo Hoo !!!

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KDXer
Supporting Member

I HAVE WON THE FORKS !!! Woo Hoo !!!

Post by KDXer »

Well its official I have won the forks of ebay. YEAHHHHHHHHAWWWW

Skipro, I have given them my address in Australia because they said they could possibly send them over. To be on the safe side Ski, do you think you could email me a postal address over there at; trevorsilk@optushome.com.au

Thank you so much Ski for your willingness to help a brother out. It wont go unrewarded so let me know how much it would cost for a case or bottle of your favorite brew as thats the very least I can do. If you don't drink I will Paypal you a few extra bucks (on top of shipping) for all your efforts anyway.

Did I say YEAHHHHHHHHHHAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :partyman:

****EDIT
Hold out on that address Ski until I find out whether they are shipping it here or not. With shipping, I was also wondering the difference between a "warranty" item and a "normal" item would be cost wise if you know?

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You do know that the Emig clamp has a different stem? And said clamp won't take a KDX stem...right? :shock:
:razz: Just kidding!!!

Good deal! Be sure to let us all know how you like 'em!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

WTF :shock: LMAO

It worked you scared me for a second or two...

I'm SURE you'll all hear about my activities and adventures in this upside down world....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

To tell you the truth...I don't know if I'm kidding or not. When I read the 'Emig' part...I did start wondering about it.........

Logically...because a KDX stem fits (usually) in a KX clamp doesn't mean that a KDX stem will fit in an Emig clamp...whether the KX and the Emig interchange or not.

Sorry. Not trying to ruin your day..but I don't know how you can be sure unless you know someone that has put a KDX stem in an Emig clamp.

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I believe it is only the top clamp (usually this is the case). In which case it will work fine... just like stock.

** EDIT **

I just went and looked at the clamps in question... bottoms look stock.

Yup.... stock for sure.... exactly like mine. You are golden Trev! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well, there 'ya go.

I thought it was generally the top clamp that was replaced, too. But the write-up indicates it's a complete Emig setup.

Now that you have a headache...have another brewski to help you get over it!!

Cheers!

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I think they call that "Creative Writing" :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Waranty vs. Normal

Personally, I don't think it's going to be an issue. I just talked to my wife, who will ship them through her business. She said there will need to be a customs statement indicating country of origin, and a status of the item such as; is it new purchase, etc. She said that it can be written up as a return from service or repair part. If that is a problem, then shipping items as a gift as long as it's cost is under a certain amount, is the other method to go.

Anyway, don't sweat it. I've sent stuff I've sold off eBay to Canada, Phillipines, and Singapore without any problems. (Well, other than Singapore was $50 for a BRP solid bar clamp, a bit pricey)

Much more difficult to receive stuff into the good 'ol US of A these days.

I bought some leather pants for street riding from Central America. The box was thoroughly inspected for drugs and took 2 months to get to me.

As far as the stem fitting:
If it was made to fit the KX stem, then how could it NOT fit the KDX??? Same issues with the stock clamp as an aftermarket as far as I can comprehend.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

This is the last email I got from them;

The shipping we last listed of 133.00 was for United states shipping. To ship them directly to you in Australia is 80.00 more for US air parcel post with a 4 to 10 day delivery. That would bring the total to 415.50 and as agreed I am throwing in the handlebars. Let me know as soon as possible how you want to do this.

Im still thinking its cheaper than over here but let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for everyones help yet again. I am forever grateful !!! :prayer:

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That's cheaper than the deal I got for my front end assembly. I paid about $450 and got the brake assembly but not the bars. Keep in mind, your stock stuff may be worth something if you are able to find a buyer. I sold my stuff for $250, so my net cost was about $200.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Sweet I'm gonna send payment tonight, I figure its still a good deal delivered to my door. Now I'm off to find a wheel...

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

KD... I would remind them that they last wrote this in the auction for the shipping "It should be 60.00 for shipping inside the states."

I know, I know... I'm a trouble maker.... I can't stand being ripped off! :neutral:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I already have and I'm awaiting a reply... Thanks you trouble maker you. :razz:

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Those details are important.... especially when your talking $$! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I think this guy is a little off! All the other KX parts he has listed are for a 2002. He has the wheel for the frontend and wants $60 shipping! I sent him a question... "A little high on your shipping charges aren't you?" :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

HEY GUYS !!! Now I'm worried I asked them if they had heard of a company (which is located next door to them) and they hadnt heard of it ?????????

Is there any of you guys that could ring them up to try and found out if they are genuine.

The Phone number starts like this (502) 473 ****.

Please can someone help I don't want miss a good deal and I don't wanna get ripped off either.

Email me at trevorsilk@optushome.com.au for the last four digits if you can ring them for me.

Thank you all.

EDIT I have tried to call but my phone wont allow it unless im missing something.

****EDIT

LAST EMAIL

tREV, THEY ARE NEXT DOOR TO ME. THE PRICES I GAVE YOU WERE STRAIGHT FROM OUR POSTAL SERVICE BECAUSE I TOOK THE BOX UP THERE FRIDAY AND HAD THEM GIVE ME AN ESTIMATED SHIPPING CHARGE TO SEND THEM TO YOU IN AUSTRALIA. HOW COME YOU ARE WORRIED???? DO YOU KNOW THEM NEXT DOOR OR JUST TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM???? WHY WOULD YOU LOOSE IT??? I WOULD BE CAUTIOUS TOO IT IS A LOT OF MONEY BUT STILL A GOOD DEAL??? WE WILL WAIT ON THE WHEEL TO EXPIRE ON E-BAY. DONT WORRY IM REAL DOWN TO EARTH AND FLEXIBLE. THANKS TRACI

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Trev,
You can NEVER be too cautious, so be sure you are satisfied that they are legit before sending money. I would be happy to give them a call. There are ways to protect yourself when paying. If you use PayPal for transfer of money and they are Verified on PayPal, if you use a credit card, that helps too. I've had to stop payment with my credit card company when the merchendise wasn't what I expected.

Your edit indicates that they now realize who the company was you were asking about, so that's good.

I've dealt with LOTS of ebay sales, getting close to 300 feedbacks now. My instincts (guts???) tell me that this is a rookie who is unfamiliar with the ins and outs of internet buying and selling, but not crooked.

YOu have my e-mail, send me the completed phone #. I'll call and get back to you but if that is a business phone #, they may not be back in before Tuesday due to Monday being a National holiday over here. (Presidents Day)
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well... they have one positive feedback now! So, they did something right. :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Ski, I will be paying VIA PayPal which uses my credit card. What do you mean by verified on PayPAl?
Well it looks like I can get the forks, axle, wheel and bars for about $350 US shipped to Ski's house. I am waiting for additional info from them regarding the extra frieght charge for the wheel.

I can't say it enough but THANK YOU ALL yet again. :lol:

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I got your e-mail and replied. It bounce back to me as undeliverable. I tried a second time. Did you get it?

Verified means the person you are sending money to has certain financial and personal information on file with paypal making it easy for authorites to find them if they are not honest people. It will say on the paypal transaction near the contact information if they are a Verified account or not.

Anyway, for the rest of you following this:
I contacted the seller and I would have to say, she is legit. A middle aged woman from the sounds of it and isn't too computer savvy. Keep her honest Trev and ask for the postage receipt showing the shipping costs.
Anyway, I will be sure to repackage to minimize size and weight for you if it is needed.
Oh, and if anyone sees a KX front end, set up for a KDX upgrade on eBay and being sold by Skipro3, it is just a chance coincidence. Honest! :lol:
Jerry