I HAVE WON THE FORKS !!! Woo Hoo !!!

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Nope I didn't get it Ski. I sent myself an email and I recieved it fine so I'm at a loss why it wouldn't work. Thanks for that info but I can't see that she is verified anywhere on the Paypal link. Thanks alot for taking the time to contact her for me. I can't say Thanks enough.

Oh and if I dont recieve my forks for some unknown reason let me know what you want for your set... :rolleyes: :razz:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll make you a sweet deal.
Oh, nice avitar! Is that you on that KDX? If so, put some clothes on!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

You are too kind !!! :lol: Check out the gallery for a full size shot of my avatar..

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Have Inda modify it so the tail wags! OH, and make the suspension go up and down too!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Just a quick question Ski would it be pushing the friendship a little to hard if I were to TRY and get a Maier rear guard (YES THE MX STYLE OKIE :butthead: ) sent to your place to be shipped over as well?? Please just say 'NO' if I'm getting carried away. But thats another thing I can't get over here. I was thinking I could order and pay for one from FRP and he could ship it to you. Waddaya say Ski ???

AND I'm going to send you a little something to say Thanks, whether its a few bucks to get a nice bottle of plonk or a few bottles of your favourite premix. :wink:

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

No problem. In fact, if you want a black set (front and rear MX style), I have a set that's just sitting around here that I'll toss in the box for you. They are used and black, so if you are wanting shiney new ones or green then just order it and ship to my place. I'm sure these black ones would clean up nice with a little plastic polish and some Mop-n-Glow. (That's an old trick I learned to hide light scratchs on motorcycle plastics.)

Did you get my e-mail? I re-sent it and it wasn't kicked back. If not, then e-mail me again: skipro3@woodsrider.(net) remove the parethesis.

Not to worry about sending me anything, just pay it forward. (Like the movie)

***EDIT***
The black fenders are free of course. I won't be using them but they are too nice to toss. Heck, I think I even have a matching front number plate in black as well. It would make be glad to know they were going to be used if you do indeed want them, instead of gathering dust and getting in my way for the next 10 years before I really do toss them out.
They are the same ones on my bike in the gallery if you want to see a photo of them.
Jerry

89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

what's an emig
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Ski you are to kind. I would gratefully accept your generous offer as the black look is exactly what I was after, BUT........................

I cannot accept it without returning the favour in some way. So you do understand I'll be sending you VIA PayPal the shipping costs plus a few bucks for some beers that you can sip through a straw, whilst watching a DVD in bed...

You know I'd send ya some Roo steaks but I doubt they will make it past customs. I'll have to save em for when you visit.

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

SKIPRO......

The front end is payed for and she will be shipping it tomorrow to you. She told me 5-7 days delivery time ground shipping with UPS. It's in 2 boxes. If the front tyre interests you Ski take it off and keep it for yourself as I have a new one already. If you dont want it, its no problem. I'm informed its a 21" DUNLOP SPORTS D707F80/100/21 (90% tread). It's yours if you want it. Thanks for helping me out Ski, I only hope I can return the favour someday. :wink:

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

89kdx200rdr wrote:what's an emig
It's a brand of billet aluminium triples. Look 'ere;

http://www.emigracing.com

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

KD... you need to make your roo bigger... what kinda steaks would that little fella make? :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

It was a quick job. Ski said your the man that makes the avatars the best. Show us all your work. C'mon.... :prayer:

I'll have another go when I've got time.

EDIT** Thats my effort. Not real good but it'll do. Now can ya make its tail wag Inda?

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Yea, howabout some anamated avitars like those other guys have, or is that too much for your skills! :lol:
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

KAY DEE EXER wrote:This is the last email I got from them;

The shipping we last listed of 133.00 was for United states shipping. To ship them directly to you in Australia is 80.00 more for US air parcel post with a 4 to 10 day delivery. That would bring the total to 415.50 and as agreed I am throwing in the handlebars. Let me know as soon as possible how you want to do this.

Im still thinking its cheaper than over here but let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for everyones help yet again. I am forever grateful !!! :prayer:
I"m posting this so anyone still tracking this tread can see how things are progressing. Trev and I have been e-mailing back and forth. The KX parts have arrived at my house.
Cheapest shipping would have been the $80 extra from the seller direct. (And faster too) Here is a breakdown for shipping from me to Trev:

The package will be approx. 40" x 30" x 6" and will weigh 40 lb.. UPS from my wife's business says shipping from me zip code 95623 to you, zip code 2162 is $333.15.
Fedex says shipping is $318.15
USPS (that stands for United States Postal Service) has a few choices:
1. Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Service; 2-3 days delivery is $268.00
2. Global Express Mail; 3-5 days delivery is $ 183.00
3. Airmail Parcel Post; 4-10 days delivery is $169.00
4. Economy (surface) Parcel Post; 4-6 weeks delivery is $67.00

Trev is deciding how he wants me to ship, but it looks like the extra $80 direct from the seller would have been the ticket.

HOWEVER...... USPS requires a maximum size that would not be met by the seller with the tire installed. It was a crap tire anyway, so I pulled it off and I compressed the forks so as to fit into the maximum size USPS could handle. I'm betting that the seller would have collected Trev's money, realized USPS has a package size restriction, and not shipped until receiving additional shipping costs. My opinion, sure, but look at the $133 price that started out as a misprint.

Anyway, If Trev goes for the slow boat, it's only another $67 and the stuff will be boxed up well. When I received it, the two boxes were in taters and I made the UPS driver hang around until I unboxed and verified everything was good before I would sign off.
Jerry

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

WOW! Sorry to hear of the shipping costs. :sad:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I believe poor Trev is down for the count right now anyway. The wait kills ya but may not affect him too bad. At least we know the packaging is in good hands.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I think I will go with the cheapest option. I'm rushing out for a day but I will post more details tomorrow. Thanks Ski. The final shipping over here in total was nearly $300US alone. Thats why I opted for Ski's generous offer. Ill update very soon.

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm working a couple of angles myself on this end. Possible good news! I'll get back to you later.
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Compressing the forks and leaving them under pressure isn't a good thing. Better to take the springs out, drain 'em, squeeze 'em then box them up.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Springs are out. I made a box out of plywood and 1x6 lumber. If I get the bubble pack tonight, then it should ship tomorrow.
Jerry