All this FORK talk....

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Ski... you need a "GOT ISSUES?" sticker on yer truck! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

P.S. I just got done filing my state and federal income tax returns. I've "contributed" better than $28,000 in Federal Tax, Social Security, Medicare Tax, State Tax and State Disability Insurance according to my W-2.

Now add in sales tax, gas taxes, utility tax, property tax, personal property tax (my boat), DMV fees and taxes, registrations, licenses, etc..... and you can see how I'm not too worried about shipping a few used parts to some friends in Australia.
All I have to do is threaten to quit my job and go on welfare.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I've got several bumper stickers.
My favorite says, "Who the HELL gave you permission to drive on my road?"

Here's a couple of others:
I Love Animals (they're delicious!)
Join the Navy, it's not just a job, it's a date!
Nuka a gay whale for Christ

My apoligies to Trev for going "Postal" (I crack myself up!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

$28,000 in taxes eh? Well my friend... I hate to burst yer bubble but that's more than I made last year.... consider yourself lucky. :?

Believe me... I'm not bitter... as a matter of fact I'm passionate about life and money does not matter to me one bit.... until I don't have any to do what I want! :lol: I have made a lot more than that in the past but the .com crash and H1B visa holders have killed the IT jobs and wages in this country. That's something I CAN be bitter about! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I am blessed, to be sure. .com hit California hard too. Lucky I wasn't directly hit. H1B visa holders? Heck, last time I had to go to an emergency room I had to wait 4 hours due to all the illegal aliens being treated for the flu or the gunshot wounds they inflict on each other. Now they want to give them driver licenses. That's where my $28K is going and I'm not happy about it.

But I guess I should be grateful we aren't getting all the government we're paying for!
(Note to self: Make a new bumpersticker that says that)

Now, where the heck is that soap box???
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

H1B visa holders is nice talk for Indians taking my job! :lol:

ANYWAY... we should be able to ship a few parts to Trev or Tim if need be!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

You guys are too kind, really. Its so easy to forget nowadays that there are actually genuine, honest and helpful people still out there that are willing to go out of their way to help another person out. You might think that sounds silly or like a suck job but I'm dead serious. I Thank you all for your kind offers. Now all I need to do is save my bucks and hunt around. The next question is would it be better to get it all shipped at once OR should I get the Airstryer first and forks afterwards?
I have always been a bit worried about shipping things from overseas but Ski you have put my mind to rest with your very kind offer. Oh BTW Ski my father works for The Department of Forensic Medicine and the forks will be forensically tested for any kind of tampering. :razz: :cool:
Love the stickers Ski.. Im sure you've all seen the bumper stickers Tim and I organised??? "F@#K THE WHALES, SAVE THE 2-STROKES!". Look in my gallery. There coming your way in the next week or so Timmy, I've been flat out lately and to be honest I forgot to send em earlier..
Again guys Thanks heaps for all your generous offers I would be happy to be the designated Aussie Guide if any of you guys ever decide to visit Sydney Australia. :supz: You guys rock !!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."