ON MY WAY!!!

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
krazyinski

ON MY WAY!!!

Post by krazyinski »

Won a set of 97 250 forks on ebay tonight all I need is the front wheel and axel. I am stoked!!!!YA!!baby!! I have reached my limits with the stock forks resprung, revalved, steering stabilizer and it still a squirrly ride at any kinda speed. :grin:
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Awesome... your gonna LOVE it!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Your first ride with the new forks will be like magic.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
motorider200

Post by motorider200 »

You will love them it really is a night and day difference!
97 KDX200(225)- mine
01 KDX220- brothers
97 XR400- dads
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Your confidence will soar with the KX forks.... I am sooooo much better due to confidence it is really amazing. This was the one mod that I feel is very important to the ride quality of the KDX. I have had my stabilizer since before the mod so I have no idea how it would be without it and I am not about to take it off to find out but my brother has 95 KX forks on his and he is very impressed with the handling compared to his 91.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

How much did you pay for the KX goodies?

I've been talking to folks on an Arizona forum who are trying to talk we out of doing the KX mod. Besides the fact that I need a new wheel to replace a slightly bent one, they are saying I should just get the KDX re-sprung for my 200 pounds and have valving changed. The cost of all that work approaches the mod (minus a little bit of machining fees). They also tell me the KX 250 will be too harsh for desert single track. Then I remind them that I'm getting a full front-end from a KX 125 (that is set up for a girl) -- I think it'll be soft enough. They don't seem to grasp the concept.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's normal. Those who do not own one or have tried one have no idea of the effect it has. Stick with us... we are not pulling your leg and it is an easy mod to do and costs about equal to respring and valve jobs.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

I payed 90.00 for the forks and triple clamp I have a bid on a front wheel and axel for 50.00 that will end up costing me 100.00 after shipped. so 200-250 when its all done.
I will sell you my kdx forks when I am done they have race tech gold valves and .40 springs. 75.00 plus shipping, but take the advise of others that have just do the kx front end.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

received the forks today they are in great shape. changed the oil and checked the springs thats the down side they are a bit stiff @ .43 I could live with .40 but the seals are good. I of this morning to the machine shop to do or have some pressing and spacer fabrication done. thanks to this forum this has been a breeze so far.
tag220

Post by tag220 »

I have three rides on my 04 with 03 kx 125 forks. Swap was very easy basic bolt up. I now wish this mod would have been before other mods very happy. :partyman: