Parting out his girlfriend's 2004 KX125, just for me?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
motorider200

Post by motorider200 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:That other forum thread is pretty funny... talks about alot of machining, respringing, revalving... Horse hockey! :lol:

I really don't think there is an easier mod out there for the results gained. Why someone could not follow through with this mod is beond me, Once the stem is pressed in... it takes a matter of an hour to complete. :roll:
I agree completly with Inda. There was a night and day difference in the way my bike handled before and after. My stock suspension had xr springs and two of the valve shims removed. I used forks, wheel, and axel from a 01 kx250 that were in perfect shape that I only paid $150 for. Got a triple clamp from a 99 kx125 for $30, and it cost me $20 to have the stems swaped out. In all it only set me back $200. Just go for the swap and I am sure you wont regret it. Plus in my opinion the kx forks look alot better than the stock forks do :supz:
97 KDX200(225)- mine
01 KDX220- brothers
97 XR400- dads
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There will always be folks that don't comprehend what this conversion will do over the stock forks. I say... that's fine but you really don't know what your missing. If you want to work with what the KDX has that's OK... but this conversion makes a good bike great.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Looks like Krazy and I have made a Luuuuv Connection.

I've also purchased the crappy-looking 98 KX axle pictured above.

The boulder is now rolling downhill now.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I didn't see the nut for that axle.... 'course... I don't have a 98 and it may not take one. :hmm:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I didn't see the nut for that axle.... 'course... I don't have a 98 and it may not take one. :hmm:
exactly the main diff from 99 up is the axel and nut I hope the axel has a nut cause it needs one. and at least one spacer cause the 2000 axel has one spacer that will work for the 98.
if your unsure I will post pictures to show the diff.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Here is what he says...
It has one on it, it just looks like a big cap.
I'll ask if he has spacers.

He already put it in the mail yesterday.

Rick
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I heard a rumor that I sent the money to Krazykinski today. With any luck, and minimal screw ups in the machine shop, I should be upsidedown in ten days or so.

Rick
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:supz: :boogie: :bravo: :drool: :partyman: :prayer: :supz: <---- That'll be you !!!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Or this could be me: :blink:

"Whatdya mean you heli-arched the stem in upside down?"

:shock:

Rick
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Where did that come from? Besides it's an impossibility...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I'm just thinking "positive" again. :rolleyes:

You don't know how badly I can screw things up if I try really hard. :doh:

Rick