Stupid clicker question

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Stupid clicker question

Post by KarlP »

The question, I mean, not the clickers.
I put '95 KX 125 forks on my '02 KDX. Best thing since radial tires.
I'm running top and bottom clickers at 2 clicks out from full soft. I like it a whole lot, but I do seem to have a little wash out temndency when entering a corner under hard front braking. I think I should reduce the compression damping or increase the rebound damping. Or raise the forks in the triple trees, but I want to do that last because I like the way it is balanced, front to back, right now.

USD forks, the TOP clicker is COMPRESSION, the BOTTOM clicker is REBOUND, right?

I'll throw in another question while I'm here...
On my '95 KX 125, RETARDING the timing to the limits of suggested adjustability will move the power band down slightly, for a bit more at the bottom at the expense of over rev, Right?
Keep in mind I've got the purple rhodium two stage power bands

Karl
KDXer
Supporting Member

Re: Stupid clicker question

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:USD forks, the TOP clicker is COMPRESSION, the BOTTOM clicker is REBOUND, right?
Karl
Nope, in reverse. Top rebound, bottom compression. See here

Can't help with the timing sorry.

Oh and where do I get dem upgraded power bands from as mine are a little stretched ?? :mrgreen:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

First, if your clickers are that far to an extreme of adjustment then the valving is probably way off and you are compensating for it through the adjustments.
Questions:
What is the static and race sag? Are your springs correct for your weight? What valving is in the forks? What weight oil is in them? What is the oil level? How far in the triple clamps are the forks?

To answer the wash out question, if the forks rebound too quickly the bike will drift wide.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Timing has been discussed to great avail in other posts. You can do a search and read up on it. Basically, I wouldn't touch it unless you've had very extensive motor work done to the point of requiring different fuel.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Use your choice in pipes to get the powerband where you want it. I own one of each FMF pipes and can get anything I want.

Further tweaking can be done with choice of sprocket sizes.

And, if you haven't done it yet, get the RB carb and head mods done.... that will totally make your bike one big performance dial! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "