News from Georgia!!

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

News from Georgia!!

Post by canyncarvr »

Some rider site maybe based in Georgia (called the Georgy-Boy Boondoogle Riders or something) has some critical information posted regarding KDXs and KX forks. I happened upon it whilst looking for an OEM offset number (haven't found that yet).

OK...sorry...went back to find it just soas not to urinate anyone off:

HERE!

We find:
Geogia's Best wrote: Tuner has already said that your stock forks can be made to work as good as ANYTHING for the intended use of the bike.
There you have it. We have all been wasting our time.

Amazing, ain't it? Folks that have NO clue what they are talking about have all sorts of answers to questions about which they have absolutely no clue whatsoever!

HEY! You can get THAT type of information right HERE!.

Well...if you be readin' my postage..... :neutral:

MOM! He's doin' it agin!!! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Opinions...if this guy would have said he rode a modified KDX w/KX forks on the varying extreme surfaces, as we have, then his opinion would be worth more than toilet paper residue. I have told some on this site that "if" they ride nice fire roads and nice trails and put-put around not stressing the stock suspension then the stock forks are more than adequate and KX forks would not be necessary and even a waste of money. This guy probably hasn't done the mod because either he can't afford the few hundred $, or he rides on the above mentioned roads, or he rides like a weenie, or the mod is to complicated for his limited mechanical ability. It comes down to this, if the guy asking the question in that post REALLY wants good answers he can always do a search and he will find this site and read our posts.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

lol, he was talking to me, i am slowslugg. I got really ticked as i found he has no clue was he was talking about. I will admit i am cluless most of the time too but this guy would not change his way of thinking.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

So Ryan, the guy that posted that DID find this site!!! Slowslugg is very fortunate in that he knows where the correct answers are...isn't he?
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
Ryan wrote:lol, he was talking to me, i am slowslugg. I got really ticked as i found he has no clue was he was talking about. I will admit i am cluless most of the time too but this guy would not change his way of thinking.
I had a feeling it was you. GREAT another reason, the Southerners are pissed with us Yanks :grin:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I wouldn't say Mark K. has no idea what he is talking about...ever. Indeed, that's not at all what I said.

Just because someone has the ability to form their own opinion doesn't mean they're right about it. And if they're dead wrong about some things doesn't mean they're stoopid about everything.

It is funny, though, to read opines (that rate closer to pontificating) that are obviously misfounded.

Stuff like, 'The KDX will work just fine, unless you're going to attack a trail aggressively.' :roll: Man! I'd like to get one'a those 'track-boyz' out here and take'm for a spin.

Re: pissed with Yanks
Ha! But they got US, didn't they! Look where sluggo landed!!! :shock:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!