It's deja 'vu all over again!

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's deja 'vu all over again!

Post by canyncarvr »

You know those same old questions...and the same old answers that always seem to come up? Over and over even?

I'm guilty of one of those. Writing this as a nudge-nudge for YOU not to do the same thing.

Riding with a YZ. He mentioned 'suspension too stiff'. I asked about his clicker settings..had he refined them? He didn't know anything about them.

I made some changes to his bike, including speeding up (+2 out) rebound (forks). His next input..'Wishy washy.' I put the rebound back, left the comp +4 out.

He was happy. When he gets the huge over-torque out of his bottom clamp (literally inches of stiction!) he's going to be REALLY happy.

Methinks: I've not tuned my KX forks much past initial set-up. My bike shows classic lack of rebound control!! You couldn't MAKE UP a better example!! :shock:

I added two clicks to my rebound.

Night and day difference! The front end is much more stable in corners, I can feel a huge difference in the smoothness of the fork action due to the slower return speed.

1. Again, I'm amazed at what the KDX can do (well..with non-KDX forks!)

2. Again, I'm amazed at how it passed my attention to this point!

Just 'cuz 'it' has been that way for a long time' is NO reason to NOT consider changing 'it'.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!