Headlight mounting ideas?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Hope it works out.

I'm sure there are differences between this-n-that type..but as long as he's sending the BIG straps (USD)..you should be able to make'em work.

Yep. Chuck Steahly is a nice guy. One of those sleeper types??? TALL, slim, laid back in appearance, soft-spoken. Looks more like a college professor than a biker (whatever that means :wink: ).

...don't bother trying to keep up with him, though! Well...I have ridden with him and had the sense to NOT try. Not gonna happen.

His son is a AA contender. Rides ISDEs in far off foreign places, too.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

That's cool, I like to support folks that are in it for more than just a buck. I don't know who I talked to, but he sounded like an older guy, soft spoken.

Speaking of fast kids, A guy I work with has a 16 year old son that races MX on a KX250F. He ran a hare scramble a while back and ended up passing a lot of the pros. So me and his dad are gonna trail ride, but I gotta take dad's bike in my truck cuz theirs is in the shop. The kid shows up with his little pit bike, a KLX 110. This thing is bone stock, and I figure he'll just putt around the truck. Uh, no. We put 52 miles on and it was all I could do to keep up with that kid unless the trail opened up. I don't know how that bike held together, the suspension had to be bottoming twice a second. I was wiped the next day, and he played in a hockey tournement. :blink:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Damn kids! :snooty:

They don't stand around and drink beer enough. I am out to change that....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Oh, how I remember youth. I put in 50 miles everyother day and not even be winded. I met guys up in the mountains one day, they rode A & AA. Well, I followed behind them and I mean followed close. These guys were flying. When they stopped they said, hey you ride fast, everyone else tells us to slow dow. I said, naw no problem, while I was thinkg these guys are out of their F#$KING MINDS. Now these days, I'll wait till it comes out on video :grin:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr