Was it worth it?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Was it worth it?

Post by Ryan »

Alright, i keep getting people who say that this conversion is not worth it. For you all would you say if you had the choice again, with the knowledge you have now, that you would use kx forks again or would you modify the kdx forks.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

In a New York Minute!

I suppose all those folks own and ride KDX's with converted frontends right? Or else you wouldn't even listen to them right? Riiiight......
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

i telled them that, and they say im stupid so i said, up yours, no i didnt say that but they say i would have been alot better with the kdx. I guess i wont know untill they are on my bike.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

To each their own!

I am never worried about the frontend anymore.... It's stout! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I think people slam the mod in order for you to agree to a trial ride prove to them it's great. I let MY riding prove that it's a good mod by KICKING THEIR ASS ON THE TRAILS!!!!!!!!!

Carvr was a skeptic at one time, just as he is with the auto clutch. Ha!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

In a word....

FUGGINOATH !!!

Confidence inspiring to say the least. The proofs in the pudding, so just eat up and you will see :supz: .

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

That's funny. 'Not worth it'. Ha!

ANYone that would say that is only putting their complete ignorance of the issue right up front in the big display window.

I spent the better part of $1000 on my KDX forks. They worked very well, suspension-wise.

But...there are some things the OEM KDX forks will never do...no matter WHAT you do TO them. Like...NOT FLEX!!

..yeah...double negative and all..but you get the point?

Fact is, the suspension part of my OEM KDX forks is a bit better than my upgrade...but I still have some tuning to get done on my KX forks. Even so, the KX forks are hugely better, a great improvement over the KDX conventional KYBs.

Getting upset or trying to argue with such folk is a waste of time.

Just grin...say, 'You're right. I'm a compete idiot. A buffoon. What a maroon I am !!!'

Then, as ski says...run 'em over in the single track stuff.

Everyone has an opinion. Mr. Fredette thought the RB carb modification wasn't useful...too hard to jet. As legendary a rider as he is...he is WELCOME to have that opinion. Fortunately for me, I know he is wrong. AND...I am not concerned about his thinking in the matter. Not a whit.

re: auto clutch. har har har... :roll: Maybe when I get last year's TAXES paid, the front deck redone and the skylights replaced...I'll BUY one!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!