KDX parts on KX forks

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Tazmanian

KDX parts on KX forks

Post by Tazmanian »

I just won on auction new 2004 kx 125 forks-What do I have to do to use my 2004 KDX front wheel -axle -and brakes? Does someone have a list of parts and sizes I need? Thanks Taz :prayer:
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

alright, you will need springs for your weight, and you will probably want to adjust the shim stack to suit your riding. You cant use the kdx wheel unless you have a custom axel made. I think you need to find a wheel from 2003-2005 but im not sure. The brakes from the kdx should work but indy has 03 kc forks so he can tell you that.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Yep...on the KDX wheel-axle. It doesn't swap into a KX fork.

Your KDX caliper is fine if you want to use CR style ('Hi'...same as the KDX has) brakeline routing. You will have to fashion some sort of brake line holder on the KX fork guard. I'm assuming the '04 KX fork still uses the 'long' brakeline style..I didn't check that.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Phil may be able to help you out. I know he's not in the business of makin' stuff for folks but he may make an exception. You would have to give him very exact measurements or send the stuff to him in Canada....

Read this post...
http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2337
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "