2000 KDX fork swap to a 2004 KX250F

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Lumpy
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Lumpy »

I have got to give a big shout out to Ron Black and RB designs. I sent out my KDX and my KX lower T along with a new bearing on Sept. 1st just before labor day weekend two day mail from Michigan to Oregon. . He said they were about 1-2 weeks out and that was fine with me as I have no riding planned due to schedules until the 23 or the 24th of this month. I happen to take this Friday off from work and what do I get in the mail on the 8th ? a package from RB designs that put a smile on my face. :supz: a 1 week turn around from my door to Oregon , back to my door now that is service, way to exceed my expectation Mr. Black.b,b

If you are considering the KX swap you are a fool not to just send this out and let someone that knows our bikes take care of it. this route takes out all the guesswork about the shimming and the spacers. I have yet to hit the trails with the conversion but the riding in the yard and ditch hopping makes me think this will be a great investment into my happiness on the single tracks here in Michigan.
Last edited by Lumpy on 08:24 am Sep 11 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Lumpy wrote:If you are considering the KX swap you are a fool not to just send this out and let someone that knows our bikes take care of it.
eh, some of us like to figure it out on our own, its part of the fun :supz: Glad to hear about the good experience though, RB is the man!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike