Well ive started the conversion

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

You may very well be right. I was under the impression that 98-02 (L series) were all the same forks. I thought 03's were the first 48mm.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

hmm well i went to race tech to check out the spring sizes. The 98-01's are only 1mm shorter. I dont think that is a big deal. The difference is in the thickness. The springs for the 02 are 43.6mm while the 98-01's are only 41.2. I think this is too big of a differnce, right?? If it is i better take my esnipe bid off so i dont have to spend $110 on new racetech springs. O well i hope a new set comes up soon, or i will be riding my honda in the trails all year :shock: . I dont know what i would do if that happend.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I have 02 springs down stairs, so I will measure them for you. If someone has 98-01's maybe they could measure the diameter of theirs. As I said I was under the presumption 98-02 were all the same.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

thanks, well im off to bed, just finished packing up my kdx wheel. Took me an hour to make mine own box for the stupid thing. now i didnt do my spanish homework o well. And my boss at work just called me and wants me to work tommorow, that means i have to work mon-thurs. plus saturday. Boy i am gonna be tired, but this check will help with my conversion, mx boots, hand guards and my honda. Then i dont think i have to buy anything else. :grin:
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250