01 EXC 520 front end on E Series

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Hey guys, I just got most of this front end handed to me. I might have to lace up a wheel and definitely will have to change the springs and get it valved correctly. Would it be a worthwhile front end build? Anyone know anything about these forks? I believe they're 42mm USDs.

"Good job, guys. "
sarrant

Re: 01 EXC 520 front end on E Series

Post by sarrant »

I don't know if they are similar, but I do recall this threadwhere a guy didn't have much luck with his '01 KTM 200 front end swap, citing the forks were too long and had poor tank clearance. Looks like the pictures are no longer up though.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Friedom wrote:Hey guys, I just got most of this front end handed to me. I might have to lace up a wheel and definitely will have to change the springs and get it valved correctly. Would it be a worthwhile front end build? Anyone know anything about these forks? I believe they're 42mm USDs.

"Good job, guys. "
This is tongue in cheek. I have ot read any reports of awesome KTM fork performance until 2017 models.

Well, it sounds like you got what you paid for. :mrgreen:

Sell them and put the money towards some KX forks or KLX300 / KDX250
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: 01 EXC 520 front end on E Series

Post by Friedom »

I've heard a lot of great reports about the suspension on a multitude of KTM models, all of which were not nearly that new.
I probably won't pursue the swap though, as it takes time and money. And time. And money.

"Fun Wheel Drive"