Rm fork height

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Silverfox

Rm fork height

Post by Silverfox »

So I finally rode with my 98 Rm125 forks and am pretty happy. I think I need to raise them a bit more in the triples though. Right now they're as high as they will go without having the narrow section of the tube in the upper triple.(if you've seen these forks you know what I mean) My question is can I raise them a bit higher? Also what are u guys running for clicker settings? I think the base rebound of 15 is a bit too much for rocks and roots.
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Rm fork height

Post by Friedom »

I'm running revalved 96 rm250 forks on my e series. I'm very soft into the settings, but iirc the forks are the same length as stock so I didn't raise them in the triples at all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Rm fork height

Post by canamfan »

I ran the rm conventional showas 20 mm above the triple clamps.
osobad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rm fork height

Post by osobad »

internal shortened by 3/4 inch 10mm above clamp compression middle rebound on the fast side 98rm showa twin chamber conventional
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Interesting, so no one has gone past the narrow part. These forks are definitely longer than my stockers, or hold the front end up higher anyway.
osobad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rm fork height

Post by osobad »

they are longer and you need too be careful with too much clamp pressure in that area. could cause stickey action
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

On a side note, I was feeling pretty good about the forks and the bike on Saturday. Then my riding partner showed up with a Husaberg 550. I thought he was crazy bringing it for tight single track but then I rode it. Wow, that's what I call a suspension, and the motor was docile when u wanted it to be, then when u cracked it open hold on. It was almost effortless to ride, way less tiring. Although we both agreed it was not as fun as the 'ole KDX.
KDXFZRRD
Supporting Member

Post by KDXFZRRD »

Silverfox wrote:Interesting, so no one has gone past the narrow part. These forks are definitely longer than my stockers, or hold the front end up higher anyway.
Before I had my Showas shortened (1.25"), I ran well into the narrow part to get the bike to steer properly. This created two new problems:

1. I had to make shims for the upper triple clamps.
2. I had to run bar risers, which absolutely sucked and made the bike much harder to turn due to the lack of leverage

The best money I ever spent was having WER shorten and revalve these forks. In my opinion simply bolting these forks on without doing that provides at best a placebo effect and at worst actually makes a decent handling bike steer like a pig.
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

I'm having a blast with my pig!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I had my 95 RM forks shortened .75" and sprung, tuned and etc....I run them at full height, should probably lower them 10mm as steering get wobbly in slow stuff.
Anyways, the forks are great, love riding in the rough at faster speeds now.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type